|Time: 1st issue 3 June 1999|
Iwa's Run-in: same as above
Publisher: Comicsonair Publications
Total Issues: 38 singles issues for first season. And 12 issues for the finishing story arch of Plus
Extras: The other lovely poster on my wall, SnH Ryu doll and various things
Altrnative thing: Hui Kim Sum and Lee Zhong Heng who work togther for SF2 set up their own company and worked together with a few other guys for this series
|Some pics from the Man Huas|
|Sort of continues from SF3's story (Don't argue with me about 3rd Strike. Don't chase the continuity monster ).Where Ryu struck a bargain with Gill. Gill succeeds in his evoloution and became some guy with a sword style cross on his face. He's renamed as Shen-Wu over here. Basic infomation |
- Ryu and ChunLi are still husband and wife. They have moved house from that high mountain over to a lovely little valley (Drfting Stars valley - fireflies' effect on field)
- It seems that RCL do not believe in living in a house, favoring to covert a cave or move cave if it so fancy them. Short of piling their belongings on a cart and roam the earth. (whoops! LOB sneaking in)
- And I would like to repeat myself by saying. That thing(Vulcana Russo) is not exactly their son. Do not make me hit the upside of your head with a rolled-up newspaper.----- Story starts with fighting and some killing done by Gouki. then moving onto Ken getting into deep trouble as Shen-Wu (Resident villian) who has come back to seek revenge on Ken .
- And then down at the Drifting Stars valley, its a lovely night with the full moon and stars in the sky. Ryu getting ready to do some caligraphy. He thinks that the mess in the current world us a result of his actions. And is pretty upset right now.
- A little explanation about the rules of power being change (from colours to planets) and a lot of little fights between Ken and various characters later. Ryu shows up at Shen-Wu's place gets into a fight with him as Ryu wants to know what Shen-Wu is up to using Ryu's name to start a tournament
- But to help Shen-Wu evolve is to tip the balance of destiny and nature. Everything goes haywire. And Ryu would get his punishment but that would be inflicted on his beloved wife instead
- And then scene shifts to CL. What the?! Huh?! How the!!? Is that an omen or is that CL worrying too much for Ryu? And to get her mind off things she decides to workout a little throwing around a few moves. She sense someone way stronger than her approaching this way. The best is to hide.
- Back to CL, who trying to keep herself alive fending off Gouki and Shen-Wu. Showing signs of sudden advance in qi. baffling the two powerhouses and herself. Shen-Wu wants to kill her before that thing within CL matures when who would have known Gouki decides to bail her out as he wants to fight that thing. Ordering CL to go find Ryu and shoves her off in a headstart while he fends off Shen-Wu
- And as fate would have it. CL ran into Kairi who has Ryu's headband (Ken took it in SF3 big fight). CL tries to be polite but ends up getting into a fight with Kairi over it. And Gouki comes along to break up the fight.
- While Ryu is stuck at the Arena and as luck would have it Kairi shows up and since Kairi is key to saving CL. Ryu had to fight him and keep him around. Hopefully CL would show up at the Arena
- And the arena fights begins. And around that time CL wanders up the special gallery where she found Ryu. RCL hugged, he comforts her telling her that he knows. He thinks he might have a way to help her. And that most importantly if anybody dares hurt her. He will kill the fellow without hesitation 'Sat Mo Sai!' (*laughs at the field day*)
- So they joined the fray. Ken in SnH mode attacks Ryu at which CL jumps in and took that attack for him. Ryu's reaction was to beat Ken up to prove his point when he said Sat Mo Sai to CL (*wipes a tear*)
- CL still thinks that its her child and wants SnH Ryu to get it back. But Shen-Wu explains it best
- Some forest clearing where RCL are. Because of maternal instincts and her disrupted qi. CL still thinks that the child is hers and demands that Ryu bring it back. Ryu manages to drive CL into wild anger by saying that thing is not their biological child (not an RCL product). And that earn him a major beating and left him in search of that not_her_son herself.
- As for CL driven by mildly insane by maternal instincts and disrupted qi, went as far as to steal someone's kid. Killing people who dares stop her. But the mother's bid to take back her child sparks a moment of sanity but deepens the need to find her not_her_son
- Everybody has quite a few fights and some issues later. Ryu finally met up with Ken and fights Shen-Wu. Wu-Tian shows up now a 5 year old kid and calls one of the fighter 'Dad' but is he refering to Ryu?
- While CL is running around elsewhere destroying stuff while searching for Wu-Tian. Had a fight with D-Dark and makes him suffer some as he was one of the fellows who wanted to kill her not_her_son back at the arena. And five clones of dead fighters(five guys died in SF3) shows up
- Back at Ryu. Shen-Wu is more concern over the injured Wu-Tian than Ryu (can't blame him) could be. As it turns out that Wu-Tian does not recognise Ryu as his father (!!) That sent Ryu temporarily out of action. While everybody else gets into another fight at which Gouki kills Shen-Wu.
- Major Ryu Ken fight. Vega and gang shows up. All CL could think about is finding Wu-Tian, with Vega they attempt to free the boy from the power ball but no use.
- Last 12 issues of SFEX's story arch. Which up to some point I don't quite get the story
- For this last fight.
And thank you for making it to the bottom of this page.